After canceling their tour, the Jonas Brothers closed their Twitter. Apparently, it has to do with conflicts about the direction of their music. After 8 years, the band seems to be dissolving. But Nick, Joe & Kevin always knew how to wear sunglasses – so here is one cool eyewear moment for each year of activity. Spoiler: it's mostly Ray Bans.
1. The Jonas Brothers attended a fundraising for the Special Olympics at South Street Seaport in August 2007 in New York City. They each wore different sunglasses, including aviators, red plastic frames and white Ray Ban Wayfarers.
2. Smaller and larger aviators, as well as Wayfarers, make a good team with the Jonas Brothers' dapper outfits for this photo shoot. With neutral colors and cool fabrics, their curly hairstyles stand out.
3. In 2010, the Jonas Brothers attended the Nickelodeon's 23rd Annual Kid's Choice Awards in LA. They all picked Ray Ban sunglasses for the occasion, whether aviator style or Wayfarer. They were all nominated for Favorite Music Group, while Joe and Nick were nominated for Favorite Television Actor.
4. In 2009, the band launched The 3D Concert Experience, a DVD showing their 2008 tour in 3D. The film was nominated for Teen Choice Awards that year, but mostly received negative reviews. Pictured, the brothers are wearing matching white square sunglasses with their suits. '
5. In 2010, when they were still getting along, the band performed at The Grove in LA, wearing gray, black, and aviator sunglasses.
6. The three looked cool in 2008, wearing t-shirts underneath their blazers, with aviator sunglasses (mirror or not) or again, classic Wayfarers. We definitely see a pattern here!
7. There was a time when they could still agree on stuff. Like what direction should their sunglasses be going on. And it was settled: Ray Ban Wayfarers forever. In different colors, though.
8. This September, the brothers were spotted together looking sleek at NYFW, for the Richard Chai show in Manhattan. They wore khaki and sharp, black sunglasses.