The top 10 most searched people in 2013 were all celebrities, and they’ve all had a busy year. Here’s who they are:
adobe creative suite 6 production premium
10. Kanye West. The guy has a lot on his mind this year, including the famous quarrel with Jimmy Kimmel. There was also the birth of his daughter, North West, and his over the top proposal to Kim Kardashian.
9. Katy Perry. It looks like her latest single, Roar, was popular enough in 2013 to bring the singer to number 9 on the list of the most googled people of the year. She’s also the biggest act on Twitter in 2013.
7. Taylor Swift. She was the American Music Awards artist of the year for a third time, and still a subject of gossip in 2013, after breaking up with Harry Styles. Her performance at the Victoria’s Secret show was also an interesting topic, since one of the models (Jessica Hart) commented she didn’t find it suitable.
6. Rihanna. The singer and Chris Brown finally broke it off this year, after an Instagram-documented relationship that people didn’t approve of. At least she’s still got it musically – apparently, she and Katy Perry are planning an awesome duet.
5. Beyonce. She cut her hair short and bleached it this year, sang the national anthem on Inauguration Day, and ended 2013 by launching a surprise album.
4. Justin Bieber. The guy broke up with his long term girlfriend, Selena Gomez, and was accused of plenty of things, including peeing in a bucket at a restaurant. Most recently, he stated he’s gonna retire after his next album.
3. Kim Kardashian. She may have only placed sixth in the most searched reality TV stars, but she’s in the top 3 here! The starlet gave birth to North West this year, and she got engaged.
2. Drake. There are just three men in this top, and Drake is one of them, placing second overall. The Canadian is rumored that he’s not dating Rihanna, and he’s actually dating Zoe Kravitz. He will also be the first Saturday Night Live host in 2014.
1. Miley Cyrus. Surprised? Yeah, neither are we. This year, Miley took her blond short hair from Terry Richardson‘s studio to being naked in Wrecking Ball. She also twerked on stage and the VMAs and broke off the engagement with Liam Hemsworth. Full year, huh?