Madonna turns 55 today! No other singer has had such a huge influence on fashion for so many decades. So we're celebrating her milestone birthday with a list of top sunglasses moments:
10. Stella McCartney sunglasses. Madonna shows off her elegant side in this recent picture, wearing neutral colored layers with a blazer and Stella McCartney sunglasses with golden details at the temples.
9. Versace sunglasses. The singer was the face of Versace in 2005, being subsequently featured in their ad campaign. For the occasion, she wore not only a bronze trench coat, but also oversized sunglasses from the season's collection.
8. Round sunglasses. Around the beginning of the 90s, filmmaker Alek Keshishian followed Madonna around for the documentary Truth or Dare. Her look around the time consisted of strappy dresses and these round, opal sunglasses that are so fashionable now.
7. Small cat eye sunglasses. Madonna was a controversial choice for Evita in 1996, but that never stopped her. The movie won an Oscar for best music (courtesy of Madonna) and the singer/actress looked chic in Argentinian furs and cat eyes.
6. Thierry Lasry sunglasses. In this more recent picture, the singer wore a fedora hat with a pair of trendy black sunglasses with golden arms, designed by Thierry Lasry.
5. Short cat eye sunglasses. In 1985, Madonna was all the rage in Desperately Seeking Susan, showcasing her iconic uniform: gloves, mesh, cross necklaces, mini skirt, oversized bow and funky sunglasses.
4. Dolce&Gabbana sunglasses. Madonna was the face of Dolce&Gabbana in 2010, and she launched a sunglasses line in collaboration with the brand. Sexy cat eyes were featured, of course.
3. Ray Ban sunglasses. In 1983, Madonna launched Lucky Star, a vinyl single. She rocked all the decade's accessories in one picture: chain necklaces, arm party, rubber bracelets and, of course, Wayfarer sunglasses.
2. Dior sunglasses. In this recent street style pic, the singer is wearing black with a vest that shows of her worked arms and she goes back to her roots with a cross necklace. The sunglasses she's wearing are Dior Diorette.
1. Miu Miu sunglasses. The superstar showed up on the red carpet in a butterfly covered gown at the Venice Film Festival in 2011. She paired the Vionnet dress with Miu Miu glitter sunglasses, and looked the part.