Pharrell turns 41 today, and we’re wishing him a happy birthday by checking out his sunglasses style:
1. Pharrell’s latest album, “Girl”, killed it in the charts and radios. The cover of the record features himself in a white bathrobe, wearing Thom Browne sunglasses, as well as three women in different sunglasses styles and similar bathrobes. His shades are available at Barney’s.
2. In 2013, Pharrell teamed up with Moncler for a line of sunglasses. The shades are made from a single piece of titanium, and they’re are round, square, shield shaped, and they come in different colors.
3. In this editorial from 2011, Pharrell rocked a pair of vintage Clubmaster sunglasses and a Polo Ralph Lauren outfit, looking sharp as ever. The mag called him a “Renaissance man” because of his diverse interests and talents.
4. There’s even a rhyme, so why wouldn’t Pharrell wear Chanel? The singer looks dapper in his red beanie, rectangular shaped sunglasses and denim jacket by Billionaire Boys Club.
5. The 24 hour video for Happy was a huge success. In one scene, Pharrell was wearing a red cardigan over a graphic tee, with matte clear sunglasses that looked super cool.
6. Back in 2009, Pharrell performed with N.E.R.D. at Glastonbury festival. He wore black sunglasses with mirror lenses on stage, even before mirror lenses were cool.
7. In 2009, Pharrell was interviewed by Playboy, and he wore a plaid shirt and geek-chic Tom Ford eyeglasses on camera. He described the brand as being on his must-have style list.
8. In 2011 in New Orleans, Pharrell showed off his taste in a white t-shirt and gray hoodie, a subtle Chanel necklace and a pair of blue-green sunglasses with mirror lenses. The skateboarder look was completed with a cap.
9. Pharrell often accessorizes his simple outfits with expensive accessories, such as this Chanel necklace. He toned it down with Ray Ban Wayfarers and a camouflage print cap.
10. Pharrell leaves Los Angeles at LAX Airport in late 2013, wearing a long cardigan over a t-shirt and jeans, layered necklaces, a gray fedora and cool black sunglasses.