Which were the most googled artists this year? This is what the charts reveal:
10. Dakota Johnson. The daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson landed the lead in Fifty Shades of Grey this year, which instantly sent her in the top 10 most searched artists of the year.
9. Daft Punk. The band created the single of the year, Get Lucky, which won a bunch of awards and nominations in 2013, and brought the band back into the attention of the public.
8. Mindy McCready. The country singer & reality TV star lost her life in February, shooting herself on the porch of her house, together with the family dog. Her former boyfriend had shot himself in the same place the month before.
7. Miley Cyrus. It was the year of controversy for Miley: 3 controversial videos, one controversial breakup, one controversial VMA twerking, controversial photo shoots and magazine covers.
6. Lea Michele. The actress started the year by announcing a book deal (“Brunette Ambition”), but the loss of her boyfriend, Cory Monteith, changed the course of her 2013. She still managed to launch her debut single, from her first album.
5. Robin Thicke. One of the most popular names lately, Robin Thicke released Blurred Lines (feat. Pharrell & T.I) in March, and the video was both successful and controversial.
4. Charlie Hunnam. The actor was the first choice for Fifty Shades of Grey, but it was soon revealed that he couldn’t do the part, because of a previous contract with Sons of Anarchy. He was replaced with Jamie Dornan.
3. James Gandolfini. The Sopranos actor died this June of a heart attack, during his vacation in Italy. His last movie, Animal Rescue, is to launch in 2014.
2. Amanda Bynes. She had a rough year, being arrested for possession of marijuana and other things in May, tweeting that she’s been assaulted by an officer, starting a fire in a stranger’s alleyway, and being hospitalized until December to get “specialized treatment”. She’s been spotted looking good recently, and she’s enrolled at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in LA.
1. Cory Monteith. The 31 year old Glee actor died in July, after a fatal combination of heroin and alcohol. He had recently been in rehab, and he had the support of girlfriend Lea Michele.
Leave A Comment