What they wear, how they wear it.
We love street style blogs! It’s so inspiring to see how real people get dressed and how they pair their favorite pieces. So we browsed a few and followed some of the trends of the moment in sunglasses. The best part is that most of them are unisex!
5. Tortoiseshell sunglasses (Photo sources: 1, 2, 3). This classic style has been with us for ages, but it now looks cooler than ever. Oversized sunglasses, mixes of metal and acetate, or the popular cat eye shape can all be successfully combined with tortoiseshell. They look good in minimal combinations, as seen in picture 3, but they’re also suited for festival wear, with shorts and a fedora, like in picture 2.
4. Cool cats (Photo sources: 1, 2, 3). As if cat eye sunglasses weren’t already cool enough, the new details make them even cooler. The shapes are more exaggerated, they’re larger, and they’re embellished with anything from beads and glitter to rhinestones and studs. They’re probably the biggest fashion statement of the moment, and we love them. This is the one style that’s decidedly for women, but we bet fashionable guys can find a way to insert them in their own wardrobes…
3. Half and half (Photo sources: 1, 2, 3). Can’t get enough colorblocking? It may have become less popular in the clothing department, but it’s now a hit in eyewear! Whether the sunglasses have different colored arms or they’re simply cut horizontally by a new shade, they look hip! We love the round ones in picture 2, with muted colors.
2. Sheer frames (Photo sources: 1, 2, 3). Sheer plastic is now used on bags, shoes and even sunglasses! We love the precious, yet modern look that sheer frames have, no matter the color and shape! Men and women can wear them alike, and they are perfect year round, from the beach to winter holidays.
1. Mirror lenses (Photo sources: 1, 2, 3). Mirror lenses are huge on street style blogs! It’s safe to say they’re the trend of the moment. What was initially a sporty look is now one of the most fashionable ones. Mirror lenses look good with anything from color blocking to casual maxi + flip flips looks.